Hope you have been enjoying the beautiful January (Did I mean April??) weather that we have been experiencing in Georgia & Alabama and getting a lot of outside projects done. If you haven’t done these things yet, you should put them on your weekend project list because real FREEZING January weather is arriving Sunday evening!
Time for you to BUNDLE UP and also BUNDLE UP your home!
1) Wrap those exposed water pipes and faucets before Sunday evening when the temps will drop to the 20s. Remember that some pipes might be exposed in any uninsulated spaces such as a crawlspace, attic and outside walls.
2) Make sure the vents in all rooms are clear of dust & obstructions and that you have clean air filters. This will keep your heating system from working overtime.
3) Insulate your hot water tank with an insulating blanket you can buy at the hardware store
4) Apply weatherstripping around doors and windows to reduce air leaks & your heating bills
5) If you use propane gas, is your tank full for the winter?
6) And remember to bring your pets inside your home, garage, or a heated storage shed during the coldest hours. And give them warm blankets & fresh water. And replace any frozen water in outside bowls.
Be safe & keep warm and have a blessed week!